17", 17.5" Fairfax Andrew Hoy Monoflap XC
Fairfax Andrew Hoy Monoflap XC
Developed with seven-times Olympian Andrew Hoy to enable him to feel a greater harmony with his horses, the specifically designed seat aligns the rider precisely over the horse’s centre of balance, enabling them both to perform at their best.
The Andrew Hoy Monoflap XC benefits from all the features common to every saddle in the Performance range (see design details below), plus the following details:
- Covered with luxurious full-grain leather, waxed for extra grip.
- The unique design and placement of the billets allows your saddle-fitter three girthing options to fine-tune the fit to your horse’s shape and movement. (see Girthing Options below)
- If a horse has asymmetrical shoulders, two sets of adjustable shoulder blocks allow the rider to sit squarely while allowing the horse to move freely underneath, building up muscle without restriction. Simply use the thicker block on the side with less muscle. (see Adjustable Block Options below)
- Adjustable and moveable knee blocks under the flap offer custom-made support for riders with shorter legs. Longer legged riders can remove the block to create more room and bring them closer to their horse (see Adjustable Block Optionsbelow).
|Seat Sizes||17", 17½"|
|Changeable Gullet||N/M to XW/XXW|
|Gullet Bar Type||R-Bar|
Patent: GB2515079. The weight-bearing part of the panel under the rider’s seat is separated from the part under the rider’s knee which lies over the horse’s shoulder, allowing the shoulder independence of movement. Scientific testing shows that this affords the horse improved limb extension, joint flexion and gait symmetry.
Changeable Gullet Bars
Seven changeable gullet bar width options, in half width fitting increments, allow the selection of the exact width for the horse's profile. The saddle fitter can choose between seven width fittings to best suit the profile of the horse’s withers. The gullet bars can be changed quickly and easily as the horse develops or changes shape after time off.
The wool panels are lined with a layer of Prolite® for proven pressure distribution, while still allowing for traditional re-flocking on site.
British Wool Flocking
British wool provides superior softness and comfort for the horse. Each saddle has two flocking slots which make it easy for your saddle fitter to make quick fitting adjustments on site.
Handmade in England
All our saddles are handmade in Walsall by highly skilled Master Saddlers.
When first assessing the fit, your saddle fitter will start with the neutral girthing position
The forward girthing option is great if the saddle slips forward as the horse moves.
If the saddle slips backwards, you can alter the girth straps so they sit in the back slots.
Adjustable Shoulder Blocks
If your horse has asymmetrical shoulders, use the slimmer block on the side with the biggest shoulder and a thicker block on the side with less muscle. This will allow you to sit comfortably and squarely while your horse is free to move underneath you, building up muscle without being restricted.
If you have quite short-legs you can use these blocks under the flap to support your legs.
If you have longer legs, remove the lower block to create more room and allow you to feel closer to their horse.
Care & Use
- Apply the Rapide Leathergel supplied with this saddle before first use. Re-apply Leathergel at least once a week to dry leather. Never use wet tack.
- Do NOT use spray soap, glycerine saddle soap or neatsfoot oil on this saddle.
- Always allow leather to dry naturally (do not use external heat sources).
- Check regularly that all four gullet bolts and two panel screws remain tight.
- SimaTree saddle tree (conformsto BS7875) is guaranteed for five years.
- Materials & workmanship are guaranteed for 12 months (subject to fair wear and tear.)
- As part of your regular saddle maintenance, check that all four bolts on the gullet bar & the two bolts on the panel remain tight.
- Repairs & alterations should only be carried out by authorised stockists only.
- Faliure to follow the care instructions above will invalidate this guarantee
- Register your guarantee at fairfaxsaddles.com