17", 17.5" & 18" Fairfax Elias Monoflap Saddle
Fairfax Elias Monoflap Saddle
The Fairfax Elias benefits from all the features common to every saddle in the Performance range (see design details below), plus the following performance-enhancing details:
- Deep rear, and slim front, gussets to provide a perfectly balanced platform for the rider on a horse with 'uphill' conformation.
- Full grain leather for an instant pre-broken-in feel, plus croc-print trim on the flap, cantle and front facing.
- The Unique design and placement of the billets gives the saddle fitter two adjustment options to fine-tune the fit to the horse’s shape and movement (see Girthing Options in the dropdown below).
- Three thicknesses of adjustable shoulder blocks allow the rider to sit squarely on a horse with asymmetrical shoulders while allowing the horse to move freely underneath, building up muscle without restriction. Simply use the thicker block on the side with less muscle (see Adjustable Shoulder Blocks in the dropdown below).
- Surface mounted thigh blocks designed to give the rider enhanced support without restricting their position.
This saddle was designed and tested using pressure mapping and gait analysis.
|Seat Sizes||17", 17½", 18"|
|Changeable Gullet||N/M to XW/XXW|
|Gullet Bar Type||R-Bar|
Patent: GB2515079. The weight-bearing part of the panel under the rider’s seat is separated from the part under the rider’s knee which lies over the horse’s shoulder, allowing the shoulder independence of movement. Scientific testing shows that this affords the horse improved limb extension, joint flexion and gait symmetry.
Changeable Gullet Bars
Seven changeable gullet bar width options, in half width fitting increments, allow the selection of the exact width for the horse's profile. The saddle fitter can choose between seven width fittings to best suit the profile of the horse’s withers. The gullet bars can be changed quickly and easily as the horse develops or changes shape after time off.
The wool panels are lined with a layer of Prolite® for proven pressure distribution, while still allowing for traditional re-flocking on site.
British Wool Flocking
British wool provides superior softness and comfort for the horse. Each saddle has two flocking slots which make it easy for your saddle fitter to make quick fitting adjustments on site.
Handmade in England
All our saddles are handmade in Walsall by highly skilled Master Saddlers.
The unique design of our dressage saddles’ girth straps allows a saddle fitter to fine-tune the fit to a horse’s shape and movement.
- This is the starting position when fitting a Fairfax dressage saddle and the first option to use when first trying the saddle on a horse.
- Use this girthing option if the saddle slips forward when the horse moves.
- DO NOT girth using the front two straps together. It will cause saddle instability.
Performance Dressage Shoulder Block
If a horse has asymmetrical shoulders, use the thicker block on the side with less muscle.
This allows the rider to sit squarely while the horse is free to move underneath, building up muscle without restriction
Care & Use
- Apply the Rapide Leathergel supplied with this saddle before first use. Re-apply Leathergel at least once a week to dry leather. Never use wet tack.
- Do NOT use spray soap, glycerine saddle soap or neatsfoot oil on this saddle.
- Always allow leather to dry naturally (do not use external heat sources).
- Check regularly that all four gullet bolts and two panel screws remain tight.