16.5", 17", 17.5" & 18" Fairfax Rebecca Monoflap Dressage Saddle
Fairfax Rebecca Monoflap Dressage Saddle
Following the unprecedented success of the Fairfax Gareth Dressage Monoflap saddle, we started to receive repeated requests for a more ‘feminine’ version. So we asked renowned producer of young dressage horses and equestrian style icon Rebecca Hughes to add some luxurious design touches.
Based on her husband’s bestselling Gareth saddle, the Rebecca Monoflap benefits from all the features common to every saddle in the Performance range (see design details below), plus the following details:
- Discreet snakeskin print on the cantle and stirrup loop adds enough glamour to turn heads while still oozing style.
- Grey stitching on the flaps and welting on the seat brings a touch of class and elegance.
- The seat is more ‘forward’ in order to precisely align the rider more ‘in’ over the horse’s centre of balance, allowing the rider to feel a greater connection with their horse without restricting the ability to give the subtle aids or adjustments.
- The unique design and placement of the billets gives the saddle fitter two adjustment options to fine-tune the fit to the horse’s shape and movement.
- Three thicknesses of adjustable shoulder blocks allow the rider to sit squarely on a horse with asymmetrical shoulders while allowing the horse to move freely underneath, building up muscle without restriction. Simply use the thicker block on the side with less muscle (see Girthing options in the dropdown below).
- A recess in the flap allows the riders’ upper leg to form a closer contact with the horse’s side without any uncomfortable rubbing (see Adjustable Shoulder Blocksbelow).
- Surface mounted thigh blocks give the rider enhanced support without restricting their position.
The Fairfax Rebecca is available with longer or shorter custom flap options, depending on your leg length (see chart below)
This saddle was designed and tested using pressure mapping and gait analysis.
Please note: This saddle is available in brown leather, but the brown option does not have croc trim.
|Seat Sizes||16½", 17", 17½", 18"|
|Changeable Gullet||N/M to XW/XXW|
|Gullet Bar Type||
|Seat Size||Flap Options|
Patent: GB2515079. The weight-bearing part of the panel under the rider’s seat is separated from the part under the rider’s knee which lies over the horse’s shoulder, allowing the shoulder independence of movement. Scientific testing shows that this affords the horse improved limb extension, joint flexion and gait symmetry.
Changeable Gullet Bars
Seven changeable gullet bar width options, in half width fitting increments, allow the selection of the exact width for the horse's profile. The saddle fitter can choose between seven width fittings to best suit the profile of the horse’s withers. The gullet bars can be changed quickly and easily as the horse develops or changes shape after time off.
The wool panels are lined with a layer of Prolite® for proven pressure distribution, while still allowing for traditional re-flocking on site.
British Wool Flocking
British wool provides superior softness and comfort for the horse. Each saddle has two flocking slots which make it easy for your saddle fitter to make quick fitting adjustments on site.
Handmade in England
All our saddles are handmade in Walsall by highly skilled Master Saddlers.
The unique design of our dressage saddles’ girth straps allows a saddle fitter to fine-tune the fit to a horse’s shape and movement.
- This is the starting position when fitting a Fairfax dressage saddle and the first option to use when first trying the saddle on a horse.
- Use this girthing option if the saddle slips forward when the horse moves.
- DO NOT girth using the front two straps together. It will cause saddle instability.
Performance Dressage Shoulder Block
If a horse has asymmetrical shoulders, use the thicker block on the side with less muscle.
This allows the rider to sit squarely while the horse is free to move underneath, building up muscle without restriction
Care & Use
- Apply the Rapide Leathergel supplied with this saddle before first use. Re-apply Leathergel at least once a week to dry leather. Never use wet tack.
- Do NOT use spray soap, glycerine saddle soap or neatsfoot oil on this saddle.
- Always allow leather to dry naturally (do not use external heat sources).
- Check regularly that all four gullet bolts and two panel screws remain tight.
"We are delighted to be able to contribute to the sport and be involved with competitors, who can truly benefit from the performance gains provided by our girths and saddles" Vanessa Fairfax from Fairfax.
The Prix St Georges Championship is the largest class at the national dressage championships with 36 starters and dominates the first day of these championships in the main arena in front of the grandstands.
Prior to the championships there are approx 230 qualifiers across the country including all the high profile premier league shows between December - June. These are followed by the 7 regional championships where places at the final are competed for. At BD we have seen a steady increase in the numbers competing at PSG and with correctly trained horses this level is now more accessible than ever to the serious amateur as well as the professional rider.